Thursday, April 19, 2012

Just say no

Tomorrow I am taking my car in to have the headlight mount fixed (finally!).  But tomorrow is also 4/20.  For those of you who may not know, Seattle-ites love the Mary Jane, the pineapple express, the funny stuff, the ganja, the hubbly bubbly, the Acapulco gold - and 4/20 is pretty much Pot Smoking Christmas - a day of great cannabis celebration.  People here are very open and causal about thier smoking of the wacky tabacky.  I know it's a huge generalization and not very PC of me to say but I'll say it anyway - most people who choose the occupation of automotive service tech (mechanic) are not the highest class citizens.  Therefore, I'm a little worried.  I can just picture this 21 yr old grease monkey, who didn't graduate from high school and knocked up his 17 yr old girlfriend, working on my car tomorrow with his eyes glossed over while munching on a brownie all because it's Happy Smoker-Toaker Day.  My car is gonna smell like reefer when I get it back I just know it.  And the smell is gonna get in the air filter and in the vents and my car is never gonna be the same...  

We will never truly know the far reaching effects of doing drugs.  My car is just the first ripple.  It's a slippery slope kids, slippery slope indeed.  Just say no. 

No comments:

Post a Comment