The Couch
Things you need to know - I work Monday thru Friday 8 to 5. I am single. I live alone. Deliveries and service calls must occur on weekends, Saturdays and Sundays only. Ashley furniture does not deliver on Sundays and Mondays. That leaves Saturdays only for Patty and Ashley to get together. Ashley furniture calls you the day prior to delivery to give you a 3 hrs window and then calls you on the day of delivery 30 min prior to delivery when they are on their way to your house.
Friday, 3/30/12 - Patty purchases a couch, an ottoman and a kitchen table from Ashley Furniture. Couch and ottoman needed to be ordered and could not be delivered till Saturday, 4/14. Table is a floor model and ready for delivery anytime however, since it was purchased on Friday night (9pm), it could not be delivered next day because the delivery schedule had already been finalized. Fine. Understandable. We're good. We're OK.
Saturday, 4/7/12 - Got the call the day before and had my 3 hr window. Day of delivery, got the call 30 mins before "We are on our way". Table delivered. Great. Excellent delivery, no hiccups, looks great in the dinning area. I'm happy and feeling confident about the couch being delivered the following Saturday.
Saturday, 4/14/12 - Didn't get the call the day before. Not feel'n so confident but gave Ashley the benefit of the doubt because the table went so smoothly. Date of delivery, still, no calls and no deliveries. About 1pm I call Ashley. "Ah, sorry but we have your delivery scheduled for this coming Tuesday"...."Ahh, I would NEVER schedule a delivery for Tuesday. I was suppose to be Saturday for the table and then next Saturday for the couch. I have been without a couch since March 21st. This was not my fault. I need you to make this happen". "Let me check and call you back."....<call back> "Sorry, I can't get it delivered today but we can deliver on Tuesday." "IT HAS TO BE A SATURDAY. FINE, just schedule it for next Saturday."
Saturday, 4/21/12 - Get the call the night before, got my 3 hr window. Get the 30 min call day of...I'm think'n "FINALLY!" Dudes bring the couch up to the 3rd floor and....they can't get it thru the door. Too big. <you've got to be kidding me> The dude delivering it was like "let's try it this way and that way and this..." and I was like "It's not going to work dude, just give up". I appreciated his persistency but I just wanted the thing out of my site. "Just take it back." "Are you sure?" "YES". So Saturday night I spent down at Ashley furniture picking out all new couch and ottoman - taking exact measurements this time. Turns out the only thing that will fit into my place is a loveseat. But I ended up with something that I think I am going to be happier with than the original. Dude, I just want a couch. So then we go to schedule the delivery and guess what...next Saturday all booked up. Sooo...now I have to wait for delivery on Saturday - April 5th!!! I better LOVE this couch. And it better FIT. I just want a place to park my buns.
Washer-n-Dryer
My washer and dryer freak me out cause they make random creaking and thudding noises and it makes me feel like someone has broken into my condo and is about to ambush me.
Mailbox
Since I moved in (March 21st), my landlord has sent 2 different keys for the mailbox. Neither one has worked. That's 3 weeks without access to my mail, pretty important stuff since I just moved and am hooking up utilities and transferring things to new address etc. But truth be told I was mostly annoyed because I had a NetFlix in there with the season 1 finale of Dexter. Finally, I put a hold on my mail, which means I have to go pick it up at the post office. You can only pick it up once a week and the post office opens at 8:30 and closes at 5, which, again, does not work with my schedule - of course. So every Saturday I have to go to the post office and pick up mail (while I am waiting for my couch to be delivered). I finally got fed up with it and put in a request for the post office to pop the lock and install a new lock to the tune of $50. Looks like my landlord is getting $50 bucks less in rent for April.
Nephew
Found out my nephew is really sick and is going to need a liver transplant. 25 yrs old and he needs a liver transplant. What is happening? Of course, I move out of the area and Jeramy of all people gets sick. He's in San Diego this week to meet with the doctors and get on the transplant list. I'm feeling optimistic because Sister Nichols liver transplant went so well. So will Jeramy's - I feel it in my bones. Prayers welcome.
Summary: Need a couch, a security system, a mailbox key and a liver.
No comments:
Post a Comment